Lots of writing news to report:
- My novelette “Pupa” will appear in Analog‘s first Kindle anthology, Into the New Millennium: Trailblazing Tales from Analog Science Fiction and Fact 2000-2010.
- Anthology End of an Aeon, including my novelette “The True Story of Merganther’s Run,” is now available, in paper or Kindle format.
- My story “Zauberschrift” has been podcast at PodCastle, with a fine reading by Wilson Fowlie.
- The awesome Alpha Workshop class of 2011 has posted their official class video!
- I have been added to the Liar’s Panel at the Worldcon: Thursday 20:00 in A03. Jay Lake, James Patrick Kelly, Connie Willis, and me!
- Issue 100 of Realms of Fantasy has been reviewed by Rich Horton in Locus: “I particularly liked… David D. Levine’s ‘The Tides of the Heart’ — pure urban fantasy, in which a plumber specializing in magical problems runs into a special one: an undine trapped in the pipes of an historical old house marked for demolition. The plumber’s solution to the problem is personal as well as magical, and the intermixing of the two works perfectly. Recommended.”
- I sold short story “The Last Days of the Kelly Gang” to John Joseph Adams for his anthology Armored. It’s a steampunk powered-armor story set in the Australian Outback in 1880.