Word count: 72004 | Since last entry: 300
Back to work on the novel again. I must increase my pace if I’m going to have this thing finished and edited in time for a workshop in April that I want to take it to.
Meanwhile, a summary of my fiction publications for 2007.
- “Tale of the Golden Eagle,” translated into Czech in the Czech edition of Fantasy & Science Fiction (February 2007).
- “Tk’Tk’Tk,” translated into Italian in Robot (Spring 2007).
- “Tk’Tk’Tk,” translated into Finnish in Portii Science Fiction (March 2007).
- “Titanium Mike Saves the Day,” in Fantasy & Science Fiction (April 2007).
- “Babel Probe,” in Darker Matter (issue #1)
- “Tk’Tk’Tk,” translated into Hebrew in Bli-Panika.
- “Titanium Mike Saves the Day,” translated into Hebrew in The Tenth Dimension.
- “I Hold My Father’s Paws,” reprinted in The Year’s Best Science Fiction Twenty-Fourth Annual Collection.
- “I Hold My Father’s Paws,” podcast in Beam Me Up.
- “Moonlight on the Carpet,” in Aeon (#12).
Although that’s a very satisfying list of publications (and I’m really jazzed about the Year’s Best, which has gotten the story taught in at least two college-level science fiction classes), I note that it includes only three new stories. As far as short fiction goes, I’m reaping the rewards of spending most of the last couple of years working on as-yet-unsold novels. Once this novel is done I swear I’m going to do nothing but short stories for at least six months. (And no more damn novellas!)