Just got a request from Science Fiction World in China to translate my story “Pupa”! Also, I have updated my Upcoming Appearances below. I am pleased to announce that I will be the instructor for the Potlatch 21 Writer’s Workshop.
I just finished the first draft of my story for Lowball, the 22nd Wild Cards book. The audiobook of Wild Cards Volume I, including my story “Powers”, is now available from Brilliance Audio in audio CD, MP3 CD, and WMA download. Here’s a very complimentary review. Also, Tor is running a sale on the ebooks of the first four Wild Cards books.
The Drabblecast podcast is now offering a 10-episode “highlight reel” or “primer” to introduce themselves to new readers, and my stories “Charlie the Purple Giraffe” and “Babel Probe” are included. You can download it here: http://www.drabblecast.org/new/
I have posted my OryCon programming schedule.
Lots of writing news to report:
- My novelette “Pupa” will appear in Analog‘s first Kindle anthology, Into the New Millennium: Trailblazing Tales from Analog Science Fiction and Fact 2000-2010.
- Anthology End of an Aeon, including my novelette “The True Story of Merganther’s Run,” is now available, in paper or Kindle format.
- My story “Zauberschrift” has been podcast at PodCastle, with a fine reading by Wilson Fowlie.
- The awesome Alpha Workshop class of 2011 has posted their official class video!
- I have been added to the Liar’s Panel at the Worldcon: Thursday 20:00 in A03. Jay Lake, James Patrick Kelly, Connie Willis, and me!
- Issue 100 of Realms of Fantasy has been reviewed by Rich Horton in Locus: “I particularly liked… David D. Levine’s ‘The Tides of the Heart’ — pure urban fantasy, in which a plumber specializing in magical problems runs into a special one: an undine trapped in the pipes of an historical old house marked for demolition. The plumber’s solution to the problem is personal as well as magical, and the intermixing of the two works perfectly. Recommended.”
- I sold short story “The Last Days of the Kelly Gang” to John Joseph Adams for his anthology Armored. It’s a steampunk powered-armor story set in the Australian Outback in 1880.
I am pleased and proud to announce that I will be presenting the award for Best Short Story at the Hugo Awards ceremony in Reno! Also, I have posted my Worldcon program schedule.
My stories “Pupa” and “Teaching the Pig to Sing” were given Honorable Mentions in Gardner Dozois’ 2010 “Year’s Best SF.”
I will be reading “Charlie the Purple Giraffe” at Ephemerata Speculata, a live event in Portland, on July 17.