Lots of writing news to report:
- My novelette “Pupa” will appear in Analog‘s first Kindle anthology, Into the New Millennium: Trailblazing Tales from Analog Science Fiction and Fact 2000-2010.
- Anthology End of an Aeon, including my novelette “The True Story of Merganther’s Run,” is now available, in paper or Kindle format.
- My story “Zauberschrift” has been podcast at PodCastle, with a fine reading by Wilson Fowlie.
- The awesome Alpha Workshop class of 2011 has posted their official class video!
- I have been added to the Liar’s Panel at the Worldcon: Thursday 20:00 in A03. Jay Lake, James Patrick Kelly, Connie Willis, and me!
- Issue 100 of Realms of Fantasy has been reviewed by Rich Horton in Locus: “I particularly liked… David D. Levine’s ‘The Tides of the Heart’ — pure urban fantasy, in which a plumber specializing in magical problems runs into a special one: an undine trapped in the pipes of an historical old house marked for demolition. The plumber’s solution to the problem is personal as well as magical, and the intermixing of the two works perfectly. Recommended.”
- I sold short story “The Last Days of the Kelly Gang” to John Joseph Adams for his anthology Armored. It’s a steampunk powered-armor story set in the Australian Outback in 1880.
I am pleased and proud to announce that I will be presenting the award for Best Short Story at the Hugo Awards ceremony in Reno! Also, I have posted my Worldcon program schedule.
My stories “Pupa” and “Teaching the Pig to Sing” were given Honorable Mentions in Gardner Dozois’ 2010 “Year’s Best SF.”
I will be reading “Charlie the Purple Giraffe” at Ephemerata Speculata, a live event in Portland, on July 17.
My story “Tides of the Heart” was published in the June 2011 Realms of Fantasy! You can buy it in PDF or paper. My story “Pupa” came in second for Best Novelette in the 2010 Analog readers’ poll! The May issue of Locus includes an interview with me! You can read some excerpts online. Reviews roundup: The Mars Diaries, “Powers”, “Powers”, “Citizen-Astronaut”, and “Tides of the Heart”. The latest Outer Alliance podcast includes an interview with me. You can preorder the long-awaited anthology End of an Aeon from Fairwood Press. Finally, my story “Zauberschrift” has been accepted at the podcast PodCastle. Whew! I’ll try to update more frequently.
You can hear me in a panel discussion about YA science fiction in this month’s Salon Futura podcast.
I will be presenting my Mars talk at the April 9 meeting of the Portland Science Fiction Society, free and open to the public. See this blog post for details.
My story “Trust” is now available for everyone to read at Daily Science Fiction. I also received my contributor’s copies of the June 2011 Analog, including my novelette “Citizen-Astronaut,” and the galleys of my Locus interview, which should be published in the May issue. (SQUEE!) And, last but not least, I finished the first draft of my YA SF novel The Loneliest Girl on Mars. It goes on the shelf for a few weeks before I begin revisions.
My story “Trust” has been sent to subscribers of Daily Science Fiction; it will appear on the website in a week.
You can now hear an interview with me (14MB MP3 file) on the podcast Dialogue: Between the Lines.